AVSG AFTER HOURS REMAINS OPEN 24/7 FOR PET EMERGENCIES
Updated – August 2020
The COVID-19 Pandemic has impacted us all. The volume of cases here at AVSG After Hours has increased dramatically because of the closure or limited hours enacted by other veterinary hospitals and primary care veterinary clinics. Our incredible veterinary staff has been asked to handle this volume in the face of their own health issues and concerns. As a result, we have experienced periodic staff shortages.
Our emergency veterinarians and staff take pride in providing timely and professional service for our clients but wait times have recently been impacted. We have also had to triage cases according to the severity of the problem, and some stable patients have experienced extended wait times.
That is why we suggest pet parents call in advance at (949) 653-9300, especially between 5-9 pm, to ensure your pet needs immediate care and to give you a sense of our volume and wait-time.
For stable patients, please consider coming in during the early morning hours (6:00 am – 10:00 am) when our emergency room is typically not as busy as the rest of the day and evening.
During these challenging times, we are asking for your kindness, empathy, and understanding. Thank you for the trust you place in us for your pets’ care, and we wish you the best!
Here at AVSG, we have enacted the following measures to protect our clients, pet patients and staff:
- Only essential veterinary staff and pet patients are allowed in our building.
- We ask that all paperwork be completed prior to arrival using the forms available here. Additional information can be emailed to help@AVSG24.com
- Park in the parking lot in front of the AVSG building at 2965 Edinger, Tustin CA. Only park in designated parking spots. Do not park in front of the cones. Clients are asked to call 949-653-9300 and let our client services representative know that you have arrived.
- For clients’ safety, we ask that you stay in your parked car and wait for further instruction. Do not get out of your car.
- Upon instruction via phone, proceed to the tent in front of the building. A technician from the practice will take your pet and please return to your car.
- We ask that all clients wear a mask (scarf or cloth over their mouth and nose).
- Please wait in your car until the exam or treatment is completed, and our staff will communicate with you over the phone.
- We are requesting that you do not transport pets if you are ill and limit the number of people at appointments.
AVSG After Hours greatly appreciates all of our clients that follow these efforts to keep our staff healthy, so we can continue to provide emergency care to Orange County pets. Thank you again, for your cooperation during this difficult time.